What Is #AskAnArchivist Day?
On October 13, archivists around the country will take to Twitter to respond to questions tweeted with the hashtag #AskAnArchivist.
It’s an opportunity to:
- Ask questions about archives and get an response from multiple archivists/institutions
- Let archives and archivists know what you’re interested in
- Learn about different kinds of archives by following the #AskAnArchivist hashtag on Twitter
How can I participate?
- CREATE a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Get started here.
- Ask questions about archives on Twitter
- Include hashtag #AskAnArchivist
- Include an institution’s and/or individual archivist’s Twitter handle (e.g., @archivists_org) if you want to direct an answer to a specific organization or person. Not sure who to ask? Use this this year’s list of participants to retweet or tweet questions
- Retweet good questions someone else asked, include a specific Twitter handle if you want to direct question to specific organization or person
If you are an archivist, special collections librarian, or work in a cultural heritage institution, take advantage of this opportunity to join with archivists from around the country to talk to and hear directly from the public on October 13.
If you or your institution plan to participate, please email SAA Editorial and Production Coordinator Abigail Christian with your Twitter handle so we can add you to the 2021 list of participants. For more details on promoting and participating, visit #AskAnArchivst Day.